Saturday, July 28, 2012

VBS Day 5

This was the most wonderful week. I think I said last week that VBS week is my most favorite week of the yr and this week more than lived up to my expectations.  I really went into the week thinking 50 kids coming would be great but God just floored us all and showed out bringing in 80 kids on our highest night. Even w/ all the rain last night & people taking Friday off to go out of town I bet we still had between 60 & 70 kids. I never heard a def amount. I know we say numbers aren't important but really they are to me! We had 80 kids come into our church to hear about Jesus. Now some of them might already know Jesus but how many of them didn't??? Whether saved or not this past week there was 80 kids who either had Jesus reinforced in their lives or had the seed of Jesus planted. So numbers do matter because we want the most kids possible so the seed can be planted. If the seed gets planted I believe God handles the rest. Of course, the most important part of VBS is seeing children saved & God showed up & touched hearts this week! We had 7 children ask Jesus into their sweet hearts!! The planning Allison did, the exhaustion every worker felt, the time given up & the money spent was so worth those souls claiming Jesus as their own saviour! If you are reading this & your child came to WBBC this week, I hope you know that if you do not have a home church, we would love to have you and your child visit us anytime. August is still packed full of kids activities & September will be the kick off of our new Wed. night kids program called " Big City Studio". Kids meet every Wed. night from 6-7.

I also thought this week would be bittersweet for me as I have thought all summer about how this is my last VBS where my twins are still in the kids dept. I know this is no big deal for some moms but my boys have been w/ me from the very moment we started a kids program at WBBC. They were the 1st 2! Every VBS, every Wed. night, every special event planned  & for the past few yrs every Sunday school class they have been right there w/ me and I knew this week was the last big event we would share together. They will leave my Wed. night kids & my Sunday school class in September as they become "YOUTH". Somewhere along the way, God changed my feelings and I am looking forward as they enter the youth dept w/ great excitement! They loved  this VBS & even made comments that reassured me of their faith & that they do recognize God speaking to them. I can release them to the "youth dept" knowing that God is in their hearts & that He will be with them & work thru them as youth even though Momma will not be. ( i told yall a few post back i was crazy)

Sunday we ask that any children who can come back to church & perform the VBS music during the service. Immediately following the service we will have lunch & would love to have you stay and eat with us.  Here is a list of the August activities. I know it looks like all fun but we include Jesus in the fun stuff!

August 1    Organized Mass Chaos w/ an ice cream party since the kids raised so much money for missions
August 8    Missions lesson
August 15  Food Fight
August 22  Game Night
August  29 Farewell to our 5th graders

 Family Movie Night August 10th  featuring " Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" FREE CONCESSIONS from 6:30 -6:55 & movie will start at 7:00

No comments:

Post a Comment