Thursday, July 26, 2012

VBS Day 3

I have a secret to share. After a few months into this yr I told one of my friends that I had a goal of 75 kids in the church. I even made my blog password GOAL 75 ( don't worry I changed it a while ago). Well summer time is a killer in attendance at church, so many people traveling or just resting at home that I did away w/ that goal & was just happy to be close to maintaining attendance. God remembered that goal & brought 80 kids into church last night. This had absolutely nothing to do w/ me just God proving again the "not dream big enough" side of me that He can do anything. We had 2 children saved last night and that is the most important part. What was so neat to me was that I saw several kids in my group really asking questions about God and I think they are seriously dealing w/ God talking to their little hearts. I know God has not finished working this week! I am so thankful for that. I also witnessed WBBC's 1st praise band on stage. I have been avoiding Jami getting a drum set at home for yrs, knowing I would absolutely go crazy if I had to hear beating all the time but God has plans & looks like drums are included ( Thanks Arlo)! Thankfully God provided a practice spot at church! Seriously if you have talents you should use them for God & I am proud of  Mollie, Jami & Arlo for doing that! I meant what I said yesterday about maybe a kids revival happening. In the book of 1Timothy 4:12 the Bible tells us "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." I just wonder how many people these kids who are being saved & who are learning about Jesus are going to affect. Are they going to set an example that makes us adults say wait a minute..if kids can do this so can I. Are they going home to mom & dad asking questions, making parents think about their own salvation, are they telling their friends who Jesus is? God uses children to bring people to him. I have seen it in my own life. I am very excited to see how God takes these kids and uses them to influence others. I know this is a bunch of ramblings. Continue to pray for our workers. Our kitchen workers are at church way before the rest of us & I saw some still there when I left last night at after 9. They are serving lots of food & snacks & that requires alot of cleaning too. Pray for our teachers & leaders that they can see when a child is really questioning his salvation & give them the words to answer the questions. Pray for these kids who are witnessing to others, pray that whoever they tell about Jesus will have their hearts open to hear the message. Last thing, I think!! I am so happy to be a member of a church that focuses so strongly on children being in God's house. Jack is only 3, but he has been to 2 VBS were he has been taught about Jesus. Last night he shook his booty just like a big kid & I love how we welcome all ages of kids. He had a blast & he loves to go to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment