Monday, July 9, 2012

Straddling the Fence

Sometimes I take my message here from Joey's message on Sunday. Sometimes things he says sticks w/ me.......DON"T TELL HIM THAT! Today's post is simple. R U straddling the fence? When I was a kid we had this field that had old fencing around it, not barbed wire & not like  regular chain link fence really old, rusty prob from the 1800's fencing. Depending on what we were getting into I might have to climb the fence. I could always climb up but positioning my body over the fence to climb down was always hard so I would end up straddling the fence trying to decide to go backwards or just go on over. Straddling the fences reminds me of relationships w/ God. The Bible tells us in Revelations 3:15-16 I know your deeds that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were one or the other. So then because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spue thee out of my mouth. I think that means God really wants us to be all for Him or not for Him. So are you lukewarm? Are you half way in w/ God? What do your actions show? Do you occasionally go to  church? Read your Bible here and there, witness every once in a while, pray only when you need something? I think we have all been in these spots at some point in our lives. The great thing about God is He is right there just waiting on you to get back to Him. If you are lukewarm focus on drawing closer back to God. Take a moment and just pray, ask God to give you the strength to push the worldly problems & desires away so you can focus on getting closer to Him. Make a real effort to read your Bible. Get up and go to church Wed. or Sunday, any church! Focus on God and before you know it you'll be back on fire for the Lord! So let's stop straddling the fence and chose a side! HOT OR COLD?????


It was awesome again to see a full church yesterday. We had lots of visitors and that is always so exciting for me. In the children's church schedule we have several new parents who have stepped up to teach on Sundays. This is such a blessing! BIG THANK YOU to all of you who do volunteer to teach! I know Allison can still use volunteers for VBS so if you are interested let her know. Also, I wanted to ask for prayer. I know so many church memebers who have been sick lately. I know of several ladies not in my church but family friends who are fighting breast cancer, my mom has been sick too( Just seems like it is always something w/ her now)  so please just take a moment and lift them up in prayer. Pray for these peoples families. Pray for my family. Thank you in advance for the prayers and have a blessed, getting closer to God, on fire week!

July 11     Teresa Coley will teach missions
July 18     Swimming party at both Fortenberry homes
July 25     VBS
Aug 1       Organized Mass Chaos
Aug 4        "An Evening in the Park" Canceled

Aug 8        Missions
Aug 10      Movie night " Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs"
Aug 15      FOOD FIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment