Friday, July 19, 2013

Savannah Safari VBS DAY 4

I am up super early this morning. My knees are aching again along with my arms. Maybe dancing w/ kids every night could be my motivation to get in shape! Anyway, I am up early because I have some things I must get done today. Jack turns 4 tomorrow & I haven’t bought him a gift or planned a party.  I have been such a slacker this time around but I’ll get it done.
VBS was great again last night. I have enjoyed the group of kids I have lead around and the adults & youth who have been a part of that group too. Deorio’s delivered pizza last night for supper & it was great. I believe tonight is grilled cheese so I know our kitchen ladies will be beat once tonight is over.  Thanks ladies for serving us all with smiles. I know everyone is tired but our church family has just pushed right on through the tiredness and showed love & patience with every child and each other. We have the best church family!
Well as some of you know by now, Wendy Benefield was the teacher last night. Wendy had the letter P. She came in the teaching hut in wearing a robe, with a crutch & bandaged up.  She was hilarious! The “Sick Woman” taught on prayer & how you can pray anytime. She explained to the children that prayer is just talking to God and that it doesn’t have to be anything special… just say what you need to say. She also explained that you can pray anywhere, your eyes do not have to be closed & nobody has to even know you are doing it. I talk to God all the time; especially when I am in the car and I love knowing my God doesn’t say my prayer has to be this way or that way. He hears me no matter what! Wendy did a great job! I believe Teresa Coley teaches tonight & I know she’ll do a great job too.
We had about 60 children last night & Around 50 adults. I give you those numbers each day just so you know how many people are impacted by VBS. The reason we do VBS is to plant the seed of Jesus. Of course, we want children to accept Jesus into their hearts during VBS but I always feel like if the seed of Jesus gets planted then we have done our job.  With great excitement I can say we did have one child ask Jesus into his heart! Praise God! Isn’t that just wonderful?
Tonight is our last night of VBS so I ask that you pray for the children. Pray that if there are children who have questions about Jesus they have the courage to step up and ask one of us & pray that any fear will be removed from them. Pray for the families who have come thru our doors and that those families have felt loved & welcomed this week.  Pray that if they don’t have a church they will visit with us at WBBC.  I am looking forward to tonight with great anticipation. I know God has another wonderful night in store for us.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved meeting new children this week! I hope they will become part of our WBBC family!

    ReplyDelete