Thursday, July 18, 2013

Savannah Safari VBS DAY 3

Ok it’s Thursday morning & we have now finished the 3rd night of VBS. Who feels like they have been ran over by the WBBC “Crazy Bus” (The old white van)? I feel for those of you who have worked a full schedule this week, played softball, stayed at church late practicing in the band or whatever else you had on top of VBS. The great thing about being run over by the “Crazy Bus” is it is loaded down with children & we are doing God’s work! God will supply the strength we need to make it thru these last few days. A little funny, I was laying around yesterday & thought boy my arms sure are aching, then it hit me; the aches were because I was actually moving my arms during the dance time in ways that I don’t move them every day. My knees feel like they might blow out if they bend trying to “get down” anymore! Katelyn and Debbie were trying so hard to get down they both landed on the floor! Glad neither was hurt!!   Even though I am tired, I am having the best time and I know the children are too!
Last night WBBC was visited by the Chick-fil-a cow. He was a huge hit, unless you were a toddler. LOL I made lots of pics of children and adults & I wish I could figure out how to share them here. Most people love Chick-fil-a so last night was a yummy meal and I know the kitchen ladies appreciated a night of not cooking. Tonight we are going to be blessed by Deorio’s pizza! I already know that will be a hit too.
I believe Allison said we had 65 children last night & 54 adults and youth. I am not definite on those numbers like I have been on previous days. When she was telling me I was w/ a car full of kids, nowhere to write the info, esp. since I was driving, and there was so much chatter I couldn’t concentrate on what she was saying. T shirts should come in today for those who did not get one Monday.
Last night’s teaching was on the letter L (feels like I am blogging for Sesame Street)…Lend a hand. Lauren Ayres did a great job teaching that as did Katie the night before. She taught about how there was a paralyzed man who needed to see Jesus and his friends helped him get to  Jesus by cutting a whole in a roof and lowering the man down into the house where Jesus was. Jesus healed the man. The friends were lending a hand. I really am loving this VBS because not only is it teaching stories about Jesus, it is teaching character traits that we all want our children to have; helping others, encouraging others & lending a hand to someone in need. I look forward to tonight’s lesson. Tonight we will be missing some of our men to softball so I need to wish them good luck. I know they need it!
I hope you are enjoying this week as much as I am. I know Joey is coming into the Sanctuary tonight to talk with the children about Salvation. As the week starts to wind down this is where children start to make the absolute most important decision of their lives, asking Jesus into their hearts. Pray for Joey as he delivers that message in a way children understand it. Pray for the children to have open hearts & ears and to be able to focus and pay attention to the message. Pray that when a child feels the knock on their heart that only Jesus provides they will have the courage to answer that call. Some children might be confused or have questions and that is definitely ok. Pray they have the courage to ask an adult. Pray for new families we have met this week. I know they felt love from us. Years ago June White gave WBBC the motto” a little church with a big heart”. I don’t know about little anymore but there is no other place with a heart as big as WBBC.
Last things; remember we have the lunch Sunday after church to end VBS. This is for the whole church. I need lots of desserts and drinks so if you can bring something please let me know. If you are an adult who plans on working the lock in next Friday night, July 26, please let me know that too. Plans are to come church at 7, eat, play a few games, then load up and go to the Sports Zone from 8:30p.m.-12:30am. , then back to the church to finish up the night. Many of you said you look forward to the blog and I appreciate that but when I look on my blog page it shows very few viewing it. Last week it only showed 3. So today, if you don’t mind, click like or make a comment so I know that it is being read. Not for my ego but so I really know because last week when I only saw 3 it made me think that nobody sees the kids info… in turn would have no idea of our events or upcoming events. Thanks so much for doing that! I love you all and I look forward to getting down with you all tonight! Oh and to Shay Layton & Wendy Benefield, Trevor & Hunter can boogie! I have known Tevor for many years now & I have never seen him shake his groove thing like he did last night & I guess Hunter took after his daddy! lol

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog posts!! I haven't seen Trevor dancing but I have seen Noah & Hunter get down a few times. I'm so glad to see the youth & adults loosen up! I can tell that the kids really like it when we participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back. Tanzania budget safaris

    ReplyDelete