Monday, July 8, 2013

More For July!


Multi-tasking today, so this is going to be short and quick. So busy I forgot it was Monday & that I do the blog that day!! This Wed. night the children are going to sing at the Southside assisted living home. Not even going to say the name since I messed that up in preachingL. We need to be at church by 5:30 to run over the 2 songs we are singing. Even if your child doesn’t know the songs, send them anyway. They can lipsynch! Hopefully, we will have so many kids that I need parents to help drive them there. I would love a few parents to go along anyway. We will be back by 7.  I am working on VBS shirts today too. The shirts have been ordered but trying to get the graphics right.  My plan is to have them back by Friday & I’ll pass them out Sunday at church. We need to wear them on the 1st night of VBS.  Allison is planning on decorating tomorrow at church for VBS. Get with her if you can help! I know VBS will be great this yr… it always is!  Be in prayer for the children who will walk thru our door, be in prayer for Allison as she leads us, for the workers in the kitchen, the teachers, those in the craft room, the game leaders, the music leaders,  & the youth who have stepped up to help.  I have placed ads in the Etowah Baptist, The Messenger, Gadsden Times, various radio stations, ordered signs that should go up today and a digital ad will start running Wed.  on the big billboard in Southside. All of that is great advertising but it is nothing like word of mouth…..so we need you to invite kids, tell parents at work, tell your neighbors and let your kids call and invite kids from school. The first time the boys ever invited a friend was back in 1st grade. David Bachus & Judson were in the same class & the boys wanted to invite him to VBS. I let them ask & David Bachus is still at WBBC and is in the youth now. So let your kids invite friends!! One other thing I wanted to tell you about is the LOCK IN. It is July 26, 7 pm. I told the kids I wanted us to have an outing at this lock in since it is during the summer so…… an outing we have! We will leave the church and go to the Sports Zone in RBC from 8:30- 12:30 for a night of games & Olympic style activities then back to the church for a late night movie & popcorn! We will eat dinner at the church before we leave.  I will need parents to volunteer to help that night & drive kids to & from the Sports Zone. This is another great chance to invite a child to church! Have a blessed week & I hope to see everyone Wed. night as we take the love of Jesus on the road!!

No comments:

Post a Comment