Monday, October 1, 2012

EXCITEMENT IN THE CHURCH

 It seemed everyone was so excited to be at church yesterday. It started in Sunday school for me. The kids were so pumped up & were so excited to be there. We were talking about the fall schedule & what all the kids had going on & one of the Coley girls said we haven't done a play in a while. I explained I am trying to come up w/ something for Christmas & she was so excited... I thought she was going to bust thru the roof! That makes me so happy when kids get excited about doing church stuff! Then I got into preaching & boom. Seemed like such a buzz going around. I just sat on the pew for a minute & noticed how happy & excited people seemed to be at church. Arlo spoke about all the youth events coming up & IDK about everyone else but that just gets me even more excited. I am so thrilled to see the young people going & doing, building bonds together that I hope will last a lifetime. Wouldn't it be awesome for some of these kids to grow up and be workers for our Lord & be able to fall back on each other for resourses & encouragement. I know as a mom I should be gloom and doom about the boys growing up but I am seriously excited about how God is going to work in their lives and see how he will work in their friends lives. I thought to myself that I have been in other churches (not all churches) and sometimes gotten the feeling that those people were made to be there, maybe by a spouse, parents or obligation. It is so great to sit back and know that you are in God's house with people who truly want to be there. God has really blessed our church & I just pray the devil doesn't find his way in! Then there was the trunk or treat meeting. I know every yr we have a great turn out for people to help but it just seemed like people kept coming into the meeting. It is great to be at a church were people want to help & want to reach out to the community. Just in case you do not know it I LOVE my church! God's spirit is so strong at WBBC and I love the excitement that encourages! I know..enough with all of the babbling Kristi!

Wednesday night is "Big City" so bring the kids & bring a visitor! I know Arlo will still take some butt & rib orders so if you need one let him know. Pray for the youth as the go see "Unconditional" Wed. night. The soup lunch has been changed to Oct 21st. I hope everyone supports this mission project. We hope to buy lots of coats for the mission center.

Trunk or Treat! People will be hitting you up to make chili, do your trunk & for the bake sale. Be ready to YES I would love to do that! Bake sale money raised will go towards the youths Winter Extreme trip.

There will be so much going on from now to Christmas so please pray about where & how you can help. I hope you all enjoy the 1st day of October and come back to church Wed. night with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment