Monday, November 4, 2013

Operation Christmas Child & Christmas Musical Info

Good morning! I am going to try and be super quick today. Yesterday, I sent a letter home with some of the children who were at church. Today I am going to cover that letter again because it seemed like we had a lot of children out. This Wednesday night the children will be packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to show God’s love in a tangible way to needy children in 130 countries & together with the local church to share the good news of Jesus Christ. This is a wonderful mission project for our children and I thank you for allowing your child to be involved! We already have the premade shoeboxes so you do not need to scramble for a box. If your child would like to participate you need to decide on a boy or girl & purchase items for that child. Suggested items are a toothbrush & paste, soap & a washcloth, small toys like a ball, cars, truck, doll, musical instrument, jump rope or stuffed animal, flashlight w/ batteries, school & coloring supplies, hair accessories such as a brush, comb, and pony tail holders, t-shirt, flip flops & hard candy. You can check out Samaritan’s purse for more suggestions. Please do not purchase any military items, guns or aerosol sprays.  Bring those items to church Wednesday night W/ 7.00 check or cash to cover the shipping.  I am very aware that times are tough for some right now so if you can’t afford the $7.00 don’t worry about it the church will cover it. Also, if you can’t purchase items, don’t worry; send your child on to church. We always have parents who bring in extra & I have a box of toys too that can be used. As of right now, I will not be at church Wednesday night, but I have some supper moms ready & willing to help the children pack their shoeboxes. They are experienced shoebox packers so they know exactly what to do! Lol If for some reason your child cannot make it to church Wed. but still wants to do a shoebox, let me know & I’ll save you a box. You would still have time to turn one in the following Wednesday.
Now on to the Christmas musical! I was reading this morning from Matthew about the magi visiting baby Jesus & King Herrod wanting to kill him and the angel coming to Joseph in his dream & telling him to flee with Mary & Jesus to Egypt. That had to be a scary time for them. Thankfully, Christmas is a wonderful time for us. I love watching the children perform & I always love to see the children portray the nativity scene.  I am still waiting on our music to arrive & plan on calling Lifeway today to check on it. We will begin practice Sunday whether the music arrives or not. I have the director’s guide & all the speaking parts so if our CD doesn’t come I will find other music. This year the musical is called “Hark, The Herald Angel” and your sweet babies will all be dressed in white and will be part of the angel choir. I have to either order angel robes or have them made so I need to know for sure if your child will be participating. Children will start being measured Sunday & the following Wednesday night.  We will practice every Sunday during children’s church & Wed. nights from now until December.  Friday night, December 6 will be the dress rehearsal & I need everyone to write that date down & make sure your child is available. The musical will be Sunday night, December 8. I hope you will encourage your child to be involved in this!!
I just have to comment on Jenny Clough’s singing yesterday. Didn’’t she just blow the room up??? I have never heard her sound better & you could feel God’s sweet spirit moving throughout the church! Then to hear Ming Yu accepted Jesus into her heart! WOW, what a Sunday at WBBC! I am so thankful for our church family! WBBC is truly a blessed place and as long as we keep Jesus as our focus and center of the church then I know we have many more great Sundays coming!
I have a few prayer requests. Pray for Tina Patterson’s mother. She is in the hospital.  Please remember baby Jayce. He is a 1 yr. old on the verge of passing. His family is from Southside and this baby has gone thru numerous surgeries, a liver transplant & things just aren’t getting any better for him.  Please pray for the 51 people who signed up for door prizes at trunk or treat who stated that they do not have a church home. I personally called all the women in the stack & sent letters to every one of those people.  I ask that you pray that my calls & letters left a yearning for them to feel the need to visit a church so they can get to know Jesus or either gets back involved with a local church. Thank you to those who prayed for me as I called people last week. I told you I am shy but with each call, God supplied my words. Everyone I spoke with was so kind and thankful to our church for the trunk or treat! I hope you all have a fabulous fall week! Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment