Monday, October 14, 2013

Let's Take the Next 100 Years By Storm

I was only in the service yesterday for about 30 minutes because we left for children's church but for the time I was there, I thought the service was great. I have never heard the choir sound better! I know God was pleased with the joyful sound! I loved Brother Bill's testimony too. It was so moving to see the video of church family. It was all I could do too hold back the tears when I saw Bruce & Valencia Carr. The boys didn't even recognize themselves from a picture when they were younger. Whoever included that pic of me with the snake is dead meat!!!lol The lunch was fabulous! Tony's did a great job but they always do! Saturday night me & the twins were in the car, we had gone to pick up our "Saturday night football food", and Judson said he was so glad that they had grown up in church at WBBC and he looked forward to celebrating the 150th anniversary at church. He said he would be 64 (I am sure I'll be dead by then).  It was a real nice moment where as a parent you are thinking man, I did good. Then Joshua says, "I'll be in Las Vegas!"  He totally ruined the moment & I was like WHAT??? Las Vegas?? Then he starts telling me about this movie coming out called Last Vegas where these old men hit Vegas for one last time. My good thoughts were over! Anyway, I do look forward to the future at WBBC. I think God has great plans of growth & prosperity. I think about how we all came together over the past 2 weeks & read the Bible & how much of an impact the out loud Bible reading had on many of us & I know if we work together making sure God is 1st in our church, there is nothing we can't accomplish if it is His will! I am excited about the future!

Now it is time to get everything ready for the Trunk or Treat. Remember this is our biggest community outreach & it takes everyone to make this happen. This is our chance to welcome visitors into our church & have them feel the love & hospitality that our church, in my opinion , is known for! So please don't sit back & not get involved. Here is what we have & what we need. Inflatables, 3 in the gym just for little kids, 1 huge outside for the big kids & Josh McBurnette is going to watch over that one, the train is coming with the driver, hot dogs have been bought but I would love to see if anyone could get the buns donated, we need about 250 buns. Teresa Coley will be our popcorn girl, Tommy & Shay Layton are doing a hot cocoa stand, Ashley Fortenberry is doing face painting (KIDS LOVE THIS) & I think there is plenty of folks signed up for chili. Meagan Williams is gathering people to bring baked sale items so please let her know if you can bring something for that.(people love to buy cakes because they will freeze for Thanksgiving) If anyone would like to donate something for a door prize, that would be awesome. 2 generators will be needed. We  need people to do trunks. I might be missing someone but right now I have, The Johnson's, The McKee's, Benefield's, Bachus', McVeigh's, Martin's, Jones' & Smith's. SOOO we need more trunks!!Bring your own candy for your trunk but I will have lots of extra if someone runs out. Now on to games. I am wanting youth to work these but so far very few have signed up. I have David, Judson, Joshua, Dakota, Ryan, Marianna, Rebecca & Cathryn. If your teen  can help please get with me. I like to have 2 youth per game that way they can take turns but right now I have some games with nobody assigned. I know some of the girls are singing a few songs so we can swap their spots out when needed. "In Like Ben" is working very hard to provide us with great music. They are practicing like crazy. Wouldn't it be awesome if their little church band starts playing for different Christian functions? They will be set up at the front of the church parking lot. We are in huge need of 2L drinks so if you can donate a few that would be great. Just start placing them in the gym. PLEASE keep in mind that if you are doing a game, trunk or bringing food, we need to be at the church ready to go by 4:30. That gives us an hour to get inside & eat then back to our spots by 5:30. People will arrive early & we need to be prepared to welcome them. Please be in prayer that if their is a family or individual who comes that night, that is without Christ in their hearts, that we make the connection needed to bring them into church where they have the chance to learn about Jesus. Trunk or treat always reminds me of the dedication of Carol Raines. She wasn't physically able to come work at trunk or treat but she always wanted to support it so she would catch me in the hall at church as it got close to trunk or treat time, slip me a $20 & tell me to go buy extra candy! What a woman! I know I have left things out and I am sure they'll will hit me just as I hit submit.  Oh, please dress up! Kids love costumes. Please nothing scary says the girls whose mom continues to dress like a witch year after year. There was some great nonscary costumes last year! I look forward to not recognizing some of you! lol

Ok now to kid stuff. The next 2 Wed. nights will be Big City Studio & the little kids class will meet too (y'all still need a name). Oct. 30, we will all meet together in the gym for a lesson on fear & how God can help us defeat it & we will go outside to have a fire & make smores. I will need some parents to help that night. Our Christmas musical practice will start Nov. 3. We will practice every Wed. & Sunday that month. The Children's Christmas musical will be Dec. 8, 6 pm & let's just say I think it will be angelic! Please support the children & make plans to attend. Y'all know I can't sing or read music so pray for me & those who help as I lead the children & pray for their ears as I do have to sing out loud sometimes to pump up the excitement. Please pray in everything we do at WBBC that we use these opportunities to reach those who are lost. I also wanted to mention they'll be a benefit singing for Haley Smith Sunday night at WBBC, 6pm. Nursery will be provided. Come on out to church & invite someone. Let's be the church that takes the next 100 YEARS by storm, jumps on every opportunity that God gives us and makes a huge impact in the world for Jesus. I believe we can make a difference! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment