Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mother's Day Info

Bless the kids hearts who were in children's church today. I can't sing  a lick but I was belting out our Mother's Day music like I was a "Gaither". I danced & sweat with those kids & had the absolute best time. I know they think of me as some crazy old church lady but they never say a rude word towards me. They don't even roll their eyes at me! They just let me do my thing!! lol I love them!

I am going to be quick tonight. We are still practicing for the Mother's Day song, which has now turned into several songs. If we are going to move out the chairs & pulpit then we might as well make the most of it. So practice the next 2 Wed. nights & next Sunday. We need to have a dress rehearsal Friday night May 10. I'll serve pizza at 6, and we will practice from 6:30-7:30. I know this might not work for everyone w/ ball games going on, but if your child can be at the dress rehearsal please bring them. Go ahead and start inviting people to church for Mother's Day!! That morning we will also have Muffins with Mom in the gym at 9:00. Please come share in a lite breakfast with your child or children. I can't think of anything else right now.... except we will have a date for VBS decided on this week. I am planning alot of fun Wed. night activities for the summer so keep on inviting kids. Oh wait, I do have something to say. We got in the car after church today & Judson said, "Mom do you remember Ison". Ison Moore was a very old member of the church, He had a car wreck & died when my boys were probably 5 or 6. He felt like our church should be a lighthouse for the community and he was up for anything.... any kind of change, whatever it took to bring people into the church so they could learn about God. He was faithful. He was at church everytime the doors opened, cane or wheel chair... it didn't matter.  I remember Joey being the youth minister way back when & Ison, this 80 yr old man, taking these youth &  a very young Joey out for lunch after church. Joey must have spoken on Giants of Faith and in Judson's mind that was Ison. He had a huge amount of faith and it must have been so large that a 5 year old kid could notice it & remember that now 8 yrs later. We make an impact on the children around us whether we realize it or not. I am pretty sure Ison never thought a young child would remember him years after his passing but he made an impact on many lives. What kind of impact are we making on the kids? Just a thought! I hope yall have a great week and I see everyone back Wed. night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment