Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Tax Day

I have 3 sick kids at home today & sent a sick husband off to work. I am sneezing & coughing too so I doubt I'll have much to say today. On a brighter note, the kids only have 5 more Mondays of school and in 5 wks and 2 days I'll be enjoying the salt air of Destin. Hopefully, I don't have to wait 5 weeks to get some sinus relief but if I do I know that salt air will help clear us up!

I was so excited to see more visitors yesterday. Isn't it just great that God continues to send new people our way? Excitement makes me  think about tax day and Zacchaeus. You know the song....Zacchaeus was a wee little man, a wee little man was he, he climbed up on a sycamore tree for the Lord he wanted to see....and as the Saviour passed his way He said Zacchaeus you come down for I am going to your house today. ( here I go I thought of something to say). Zacchaeus was so excited to see Jesus that he climbed a tree to make sure he could see him. I don't know about y'all but I haven't climbed a tree since I was a child. In this present world I can't think of anyone I would climb a tree to see. Nick Saban, nope, Tim McGraw, nope, Duran Duran, nope, The President, nope. There is nobody I could get that excited over to climb a tree just to get a glimpse of them, but Zacheus just wanted a glimpse of Jesus! I want to be that excited about Jesus that I am willing to go to the extreme to meet with Him, to do His work and to follow Him. I am a work in progress that is for sure. I still feel God molding me and changing me. I have the excitement  & the intentions just still lacking on the courage and boldness to witness more or to step out and just invite the complete stranger into God's house or to even say Hey, do you know Jesus. But the day is coming!

This Wed. night will be Big City Studio, 6-7. Sunday, May 12 will be Mother's Day, so in honor of our Moms the children's dept will have Muffins with Mom in the gym before Sunday school, 9am. This will be a time for our children and their Mommas( or those who have the acting role of Mom) to enjoy some special time together. We will have muffins, doughnuts, fruit, juice & milk. I look forward to seeing the kids and mommas together. I think their might be a special musical surprise during preaching that day so go ahead and invite the family, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends to church.

Incase some of you did not know what Joey was talking about yesterday when he mentioned paying extra money on the gym, he was referring to last Wed. nights business meeting. The church has been blessed with really good offerings and has voted, I believe once in Jan & last week, to take $5000 extra each time to pay it towards the gym loan. I believe Scott Mayo told me we had actually paid over $20,000 extra on the loan since Dec. due to the  $5000 twice and then extra money people have put towards the gym. Don't quote me on the months. When the gym is paid for the plans are to move forward with a youth building. That is exciting! Extrememly exciting! God is going to provide if He wants us to move forward with this new construction! I hope you all have a great week and get a little glimpse of God!


No comments:

Post a Comment