Monday, May 20, 2013

WBBC CHILDREN’S SUMMER SCHEDULE
Wed. May 29 Schools Out Ice Cream Party & devotional
Wed. June 5  Trip to RBC park & devotional. Leave church @ 5:45 & be back by 7:30. Will need a few parents on standby with hopes of too many kids for van & need cars for transportation
Sat. June 8  6th Day Creation Animal Show. 5 pm hot dog supper, 6 pm show in the gym. Let’s get out and invite folks to this. For anyone, but I do need reservations made by June 6 so I know how much food to prepare for. I will also need volunteers to cook, clean up & serve families.
Wed. June 12 Katie Smith will teach on missions & 5th grade girls will go to Sonic. Bring enough money for whatever you chose to eat. 5th grade girls will leave church at 5:45 arrive back at 7:00.
Wed. June 19  Not for sure yet
Wed. June 26 Practice for 4th of July song
Sun. June 30 kids will perform during the church service a few “special” patriotic songs
Wed. July 3 Not sure yet
Wed. July 10 Missions night. We plan on taking the kids to  Woodland assisted living home to sing & visit with one of our church members. We will also be taking individual fruit baskets to those living there. We arrive to sing @6. I know there will be a need for volunteers that night!
VBS July 15-19. I know Allison will be asking for volunteers soon for this great week so go ahead and start praying on how you can serve.
Wed. July 24 Wacky Water Wildness & devotion
Fri. July 26 I can’t put this one off any longer……The LOCK IN
Wed. July 31  Putt Putt & snow cones. I’ll announce time & price as the date gets closer.



This is all tentative but I plan on sticking to this schedule as much as possible. I had mentioned a Baron’s game earlier this year but right now 1st Priority has no dates planned with the new field. As summer goes on they said they might add a date, so I’ll keep a watch out for us a good opportunity to go to a game. I might also add a small day trip. Right now I wanted to go ahead and get you something to plan with because I know everyone stays so busy. I have also sent a request to Starshine faces to join us for Bible stories & face painting. We have not been able to confirm a date yet but it will prob be a Saturday event.  For those of you who do not know, I try to keep summer fun & light. Instead of sitting in the gym or class having a lesson, I like to get them outside and moving. We can still worship God outside! We will do devotion each Wed. instead of a full lesson. I was going to schedule parents to do children’s church on Sunday’s for the summer, but I think I will just ask when the help is needed. I plan on doing it from the end of May thru the end of June so we can work on Patriotic music. I’ll be looking for relief come July! Lol Just so you know, I will be out of town starting tomorrow, so Allison Williams will have the kids Wed. night, Teresa Coley will be teaching my Sunday school class this upcoming Sunday & Lauren McVeigh will teach children’s church Sunday.  If anything looks wrong or crazy with this message let me know. It is possible that I have dates wrong or doubled booked & don’t even realize it……..thankful for a vacation so I can unwind!! Congrats to our 5th grade girls this week who are graduating! Yall are wonderful girls & I am excited to see how God continues to work in your lives! Have a terrific week! Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment