Monday, March 18, 2013

More Stuff

Wasn't this past weekend beautiful? The change in the weather got me thinking. Spring time is like a renewal. In the winter the weather is dreary, the trees are leafless & most of us seem like we are barely ticking along but then all of a sudden the sun is out, it warms us inside & out, the trees start to bloom, we have a little hop in our step & it seems a little excitement too. Makes me think of God. We are in the dark, lonely, no fruit, just barely making it but then God knocks on a sinners heart and a change begins... it is a fresh new start, just like spring.

I wonder how many of y'all are watching the Bible? My family is really enjoying it. We rarely watch tv as a family because the twins live in their room and are addicted to video games but the Bible series brings us all together. The boys enjoy it & so do Jami & I. I love the conversation that it sparks. Like I said before, I do not know if all parts of all the stories are exact but I do know that it is sparking conversation & that is a great thing! Last night was amazing! I can't wait for the next 2 Sundays. I think it will end with the cruxifiction & Resurrection of Jesus Easter night. I am so excited for that! I would love to hear others view points on the Bible series.

I love Easter! It is such an exciting time in the life of a Christian. I  really want our church kids to understand that Easter is much more than eggs & bunnies, so this Wed. night the children will be learning all they can about Easter & all the important days that go with it like, Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday & Good Friday. The children will also be doing a little cooking that night. They will be making a delicious treat called  "Empty Tomb" marshmallow delights. I know that night is the revival at Riverbend & our regular Wed. night service will be held at Riverbend, but the kids & nursery will still be at the church, 6-7 or whenever y'all make it back from the revival to pick up your children. Next Wed. night will be during spring break week so we will just play some games. The Easter egg hunt will be March 30 @ 4pm ( please notice the time change, not 2 pm). For babies - 5th grade. We will meet at the church for lite snacks, meet the Easter Bunny & take some photos, then head down the road to the McGlaughns for the hunt. PLEASE invite kids!! I have goody bags with the Easter Story theme and I would love for us to have the chance to share that wonderful story with some children who do not know about Jesus!! Just invite them...God always handles the rest! Also, some of our church member's, Jami, Scott & Dan,  are performing with Southside Baptist this Friday, Saturday & Sunday night in the "Battle". If you get a chance to go see it, you should hop on it! It is fabulous! A great way to kick off spring break with your family & get ready for the big Easter week! Alright, I know I will have a few upset kiddies but the Lock In is post poned until summer, probably June. I had less than 10 kids who could come this Friday night & only 3 parents who could help so I am going to wait until I can find a better day for the most kids. I reassured some of our 5th grade girls yesterday in SS that we will definitely have it. They were afraid they would move up to youth & not get their lock in! lol I love those girls! Remember for those of you who ordered T shirts I need your money by Wed. night. I think they might be at church to pass out that night too. Chattanooga trip heads out at 7 am March 25 and will arrive back by noon on March 26. You need to bring lunch money, sleeping bag & pillow & a change of clothing. Please keep our safety in your prayers & mom goes to the cancer dr Wed. so please pray for good report of no cancer spotted!!! Thank you!!!Whew..I think that is it! I hope y'all have the best week, get your mind & heart focused on Easter and what it really means to us Christians! Spread the word & invite someone to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment