Monday, December 10, 2012

Final December Reminders...... I hope!

Alright boys & girls, Moms & Dads this is the final week of practice for the kids Christmas musical. We will practice Wed. night 6-7. Then Friday night will be the dress rehearsal, 6-8. They will be feed Deoreos pizza from 6-6:30 then we will start the musical practice. I do need a few moms/dads to help w/ feeding, clean up & costumes. The kids do not have to wear the clothing they are wearing Sunday but they need to have their lines memorized & know those songs. I think the only song we are struggling with is Here We Come A Caroling. I have been saying wear the red VBS t shirt & stick a long sleeve tee underneath but I told them yesterday they can wear any red shirt or something w/ a festive Christmas design. I really don't care as long as they are festive looking. I was just trying to keep us from buying new clothing for one night. Some also had Santa hats they wanted to wear so anything like that is fine w/ me. They story revolves around the kids caroling so they can wear those crazy toboggans or scarves if they want. JUST LOOK CHRISTMASY OR WEAR THE RED VBS SHIRT! If y'all have questions just call or text me. Invite people! When kids perform it is always a great excuse to get people into the church. I firmly believe it we get them there God handles the rest!

The last thing I have is the Salvation Army bell ringing. The children's dept. has been doing this for yrs now & it is such a worthy cause. The kids & their parents pick a 1 hour time slot & just ring the bell at the center fountain of the Gadsden Mall. I have already had 2 families hit me up for time slots so right now I have 12-6 open. Let me know if you want to work for an hour! You will not regret the decision!

Please pray for the musical....that some part of it touches a heart and that if anyone is in our church that night who doesn't Jesus that they leave there knowing Him. Please pray for a good pathology report for Mom on Thursday & for Mrs. Johnson's grandson Kyle. I hope you all have the most blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment