Monday, December 3, 2012

December Reminders

Before I even start on all we have to do I need to give a big thank you to the kids in my SS class. I am so blessed to be able to spend time w/ the most compassionate & loving kids. I had 2 children as soon as they saw me yesterday ask about my mom, 1 ask to put her on the prayer list, then a group want to make cards for her. The apples do not fall far from the tree! Great parents= great kids! Thank you for all the prayers, texts, handling movie night & just awesome words of encouragement!

Reminder that Breakfast with Santa is this coming Sat. Dec. 8, 9 am. Santa will arrive by firetruck! This is a great opportunity to invite someone to church so take a moment & call someone & invite them! Please remember there is no cost for the breakfast but I need reservations made by Wed.  Dec. 5 so I know how much food to purchase & prepare. At this moment I have very few reservations. I would also love some youth & a few youth moms to volunteer to help w/ serving & clean up. Maybe that way those Moms w/ little ones can enjoy the event. If you can help please let me know. PARENTS DO NOT FORGET A CAMERA FOR THAT SANTA PIC!!

We are moving right along w/ our Chistmas musical practice. The kids have done a great job learning the music. This Wed. we will start to practice lines & put the whole show together. I need everyone who can to be at practice Wed. & Sunday. Sunday we will practice for the full preaching hour. Reminder on outfits. Kids need there red VBS shirt (There is extras in Allison's room) & a white, green or something festive looking long sleeve shirt under it. They can wear jeans or whatever pants they choose. I'll have all the costumes next week for those in the nativity. Dress rehearsal is Friday night Dec. 14.  After the musical the kids will perform 2 songs during the dinner theatre. As it gets closer, I know some of you might not stay for the dinner theatre, just let me know so I have an idea how many kids will be staying to sing. If you have questions or want to make reservations for breakfast, call me 256-442-0120 or text 256-393-1063. have a great week & remember Jesus is the reason for the season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment