Monday, August 20, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord," plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  I am holding on to that verse as I have sent the boys off to their 1st day of middle school. I am not crying. I love being home with my boys during the summer so yes, I will miss them but I am excited for them. I am excited that God tells me He has plans for them.....not just regular any old day plans but plans that include prosperity & hope. That should give us parents encouragement! I was given some prayers over the weekend called 7 prayers a day for 7 days. I fully intended to pray those this morning but I couldn't find my paper so I improvised! These prayers included praying over the boys food, clothing & over them.  I just prayed as I cooked breakfast, as I got their clothing out, over their shoes, over the boys & with the boys, for the transfer bus drivers & the middle school teachers. I prayed on & off all night. I am so thankful that I have a God I can pray to & know that He hears my concerns & then reassures me with Jeremiah 29:11. I hope if you are having a morning of sadness & difficulties that you turn to the Lord and remember that God does not want harm or negativity for you but a future filled with hope & prosperity! 

Great morning @ church yesterday with the kids seeing Archie Wade do a magic show! I wondered how he would turn magic into something Christian but he did. Right out of the gate he told the children, there is no magic & only miracles come from God. He did a great job using tricks to teach Bible stories! 

This Wed. night the kids will meet @ 6 in he gym & Allison will teach. I will be w/ the  as of this morning 6th graders. We will load the van @ 5:45 & go to Deorio's for a final get together, be back @ the church by 7. Our new kids program, Big City Studio, will start the 1st Wed. in Sept. Kids & youth move up to their new Sunday school classes Sunday Sept. 2.
This is my favorite time of year! Fall is right around the corner, only a few more wks till football is on, soccer has kicked off, will not be long now until we feel some coolness at night, the leaves start changing & pumpkins appear. How blessed we are that God gives us seasons of change. I pray you have a wonderful hope filled week.



No comments:

Post a Comment