Monday, June 4, 2012

JUNE: A Packed Month

I am going to try & not ramble to much but get straight to all the KID STUFF for the month of June. It is a month packed full of activities. I want to remind you that even though we are out of school, vacationing & in general moving at a slower pace we should not take that approach with God. If anything, with the extra time we have, we should use it to pull closer to Him. Of course, I am one to talk! LOL I always pack my bible when I am going on a trip but I realized almost at the end of my vacation last week that I did not pack it. That is right... I said at the end of my trip. I went almost a whole week without even thinking about reading my bible. I felt horrible when I realized that I had really put EVERYTHING ELSE in front of God.  So this is the 1st Monday morning that we are home on summer vacation and I am making plans to get closer to God. I hope you do too! He wants us and I NEED Him! Here is a kids list for June.

"Operation Ben Clough" last day to turn in boys clothing or shoes is June 6. I have not given alot of details on this but I would love to see this become an annual event in memory of Ben so I will definitely have bigger plans next year!

Wed. night kids June 6: Water Wednesday Playing water games so have your kids wear clothing & shoes that will not matter if they get wet. Bring a towel

Wed. night kids June 13: Katie Smith & Mollie Williams will teach on missions. 5th graders will go to sonic. Load van 5:45 be back @7:00. Bring money for whatever you chose to eat.

Friday night June 15 Kids go to Trussville Playstation. Ticket is $25.00 but that includes 3 go kart rides, 3 laser tag games, mini golf & skating, pizza & drink. Leave church @ 6 pm

Saturday June 16 Brotherhood swim party for young guys. At Tom & Teresa Coley's home. They need some men to volunteer to chaperone & I believe time is 2-5. Bring a towel!

Sunday June 17 (Father's Day) Doughnuts with Dad. 8:30 in the fellowship hall. This is a 1st for us but I wanted to celebrate the terrific Father's we have in our church. The kids & their Father's, Grandfather's, Uncles, a male who is important in our children's lives are invited for doughnuts and a time to relax together before Sunday school. I will need a few mom's to volunteer to set up and help serve.

Friday June 22 Family movie night in the gym, featuring "Yogi Bear". This is for the community so invite some folks. Bring a chair or blanket. Free popcorn & drinks. 6:30 - 6:55 concessions  & movie will start @ 7. Will need volunteers to help w/ concessions.

If you have any questions please email, text or call me. Have a GREAT 1st week of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment