Monday, June 18, 2012

Hear Instruction and Be Wise..... Not Like Me

Still funny how God plans messages & lessons. After last week realizing I need to get out of my comfort zone & share Jesus with those I prob would not approach, God sends me the message again! I know He is telling me something because here was my Sunday school Bible verse: Hear instruction, and be wise, and not refuse it Proverbs 8:33. This applies to my whole life! LOL I don't not follow instruction well. My parents will attest to that! If my Daddy told me one thing you can bet I was going to do the other. Save my money, I'd spend every dime, guy no good, at that moment perfect in my eyes ( husband excluding because my daddy loves Jami), study and get an education, I flee Auburn after one night, Gadsden State, JSU no degree, drive carefully, nope 3 wrecks in one month. At 39 my Daddy still tries to tell me what to do and I still roll my eyes and ignore him. I am not forsure Joey and I are really related. I can't remember one time in my life he was ever in trouble. He followed instruction! So my lesson in ss was about the parable of the sower. There is 4 types of people in this parable. The person who hears God's message but does not understand it.. not me I understand it fine. The person who hears & accepts God's message but does not cause it to become lasting. Still not me. The person who hears the message but allows the worries of the world to choke it out of his life. Ugh, sometimes I kinda fall in this category. The person who hears the message & uses it in his life, goes out and tells others about Jesus. The one I want to be all the time! I feel like God gave me some instruction last week about stepping out of my comfort zone, I struggled hard with that..was not effective at all because I let several opportunities pass by. So here it is, God gives me this verse telling me to follow instruction because He sees I did not listen the previous week to His promptings. He is used to me not following instructions! Thankfully my earthly Father & my heavenly Father give me numerous chances!! LOL God knows I need them! Just going to try again this week and see if I can do better at following His instruction. I did step out yesterday in preaching & move from the 3rd pew all the way to the very last one. I didn't like it.

Great night this past Friday at the Trussville Playstation with some fabulous church kids. I wanted to stomp them in laser tag but I was the absolute last person in points! Figures! Doughnuts with Dad turned out well too. We are so blessed at WBBC to have such great male role models for the kids. Friday night is a community family movie night. "Yogi Bear" starts @ 7, free concessions from 6:30- 6:55. Invite someone because I want to see the gym packed!!! Have a great week and I hope to see a bunch of kids Wed. night. Looking forward to the WBBC mens softball starting up tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment