Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas

Good morning! I am up early, probably like most of you, with a list of things to do & places to be. It was so nice to come into church last night, relax and enjoy the show. I told Jami when we got home last night I thought the choir sounded better than ever.(I think I say that every time we have something special but I mean it) Their voices just made the sweetest sounds. Then there was Macy! I was so glad to hear her sing yesterday morning & last night. My momma has been asking all season, “When is that little blonde headed girl going to sing?” My momma was happy yesterday! Macy did such a great job singing Happy Birthday Jesus in the morning service. Even Jack yelled out from the back when she finished,”great job girl!” She did a great job last night singing Mary Did You Know. Mary Did You Know is one of my favorite Christmas songs. I guess as a mother that song hits home because many times I have thought how emotional it must have been during those days for Mary. It is emotional, stressful and scary just having a baby but can you imagine the excitement and the fear Mary experienced. She had to be scared not knowing what the world would hold for the ‘Savior”. I can only imagine the fear she experienced knowing King Herrod wanted her baby boy dead and then having to go on the run with a baby. I can’t imagine the pain, heartache and disbelief she experienced as she watched Jesus be beaten and crucified. God knew he was picking a special woman to be Jesus’s mother. I thought Leslie did a great job singing to baby Jesus. As I watched Macy & Leslie all I could think of is this is what Christmas is about. Coming together & praising Jesus. I would rather be in church with my family listening to a wonderful choir & hearing the Christmas story than unwrapping gifts any day. Don’t get me wrong, I love gifts & I will not turn one down but they so pale in comparison to the gift I have already been given! Jesus is amazing & I am so thankful & blessed He lives in my heart & in the heart of my husband & children. I pray you have received the gift of Jesus! Wayne Fotenberry… you did a great job pulling last night together. It has been a blessing to get to know you over the last few years and we are very blessed to have you step in for Randy.  The Lord’s Supper was great too. It is always special, but I could hear Jami quietly telling Jack what each thing was and why we do this and that. Jami must have asked Jack a question and I could hear him say Jesus. There is just something so special hearing a child say Jesus. My heart was so full! It was a perfect night!
I wanted to make sure everyone knew that we do not have Wednesday night services for Dec. 25 & Jan. 1. Wednesday night children’s church will resume Jan. 8 at 6 pm. I will not be at church Dec. 29 but Lauren Ayres will be teaching my Sunday school class. There will be no children’s church. That will resume Jan. 5. Please be in prayer for the youth & chaperones as they travel this week. They leave out Friday morning & will come home Sunday night. Be in prayer for any heart that might be lost. We also have a lot of church folks sick. Please be in prayer for them. Be in prayer for those who ring the Salvation Army bell today. We want the love of Jesus to shine thru us and people really see something different when they look at us! I also wanted to thank who ever got the youth mission center service project together. My boys came home with great stories. Judson said he walked into a room nervous because he was supposed to serve drinks to the “less fortunate” and he was scared because they looked rough & some looked mean. I know God took control of that situation & gave him the courage to do what he was there for & he said when he asked the people if they would like a drink that the faces changed & the people were so nice & humble. I am so thankful my boys got to experience helping others. Thank you to Arlo for doing all the butts & ribs. You work hard for our students and I am so thankful for your dedication and commitment!
As a final thought, I am so blessed to call you all my church family. Many of you have become close friends. Each of you are special to me. I love my church kids & their families and I am so blessed to know each of you. I look forward to a new year, getting to know some of you more and watching to see how God moves in your family’s lives. I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment