Monday, February 18, 2013

This Is It

This is it.....the lock in weekend! This the most exhausting night but I have so much fun! It also brings back so many memories for me and those memories help me remember where WBBC was & where we have came too. I am so thankful to God at how He has moved and worked in our church. My mom taught the children when we had our 1st lock in. My boys were in kindergarten. We held it in the fellowship hall. We made no plans just brought some board games. Lesson learned! You have to keep the kids busy! Each year it has grown & finally we got to have one in the new gym. That night, in the middle of the night, we heard a child throwing up. It was black in the gym & Allison was stumbling around trying to find that poor child in the dark. First throw up on the new carpet definitely not the last! I have memories with so many parents who have moved on too youth & I look forward to building memories with parents whose kids have just started out in the children's dept. I am not going to lie, the lock in is a long, tiring,exciting, fun filled night but I want to urge you to participate. You will get some sleep, you will still feel like you have been hit by a bus come Saturday but you will make memories with your child & church family that you will never forget! Here comes the details for the children's dept.

Wed. Night Big City Studio

Friday night Lock in: 7 pm & pick up 7am. Please DO NOT just drop you child off. They must be signed in that way if we need to reach you incase of an emergency we can. They need to bring a sleeping bag or some cover, pillow & appropriate pjs. Any adults who plan on staying I am going to suggest an inflatable air mattress or you can be like Allison & just bring a real mattress! Haha we will eat pizza supper around 7:30 & the kids will have a very light breakfast before pick up. The evening will consist of lots of games, dancing, skits, some messy food games, a science experiment, a lesson about God & we wind it down about 12:00 with movies on the big screen. We do not stop until we lay down. We do not leave the buildings & the doors remain locked all night. The weather did say a possibility of storms Friday night, so if I think we could be in danger or have scared children I will cancel byThursday afternoon & reschedule for the Friday night March 22 which kicks off spring break.  Check face book & texts for any changes

Meeting right after church Sunday about the spring break trip. March 3 will be a spagetti lunch & March 9 will be the yard sale. Money from these goes towards the trip. Ashley Fortenberry will head up the yard sale so please let her know if you can help Sat or anytime the week prior setting up.

I hope everyone has a blessed week and I look forward to seeing you Friday night! If you have questions call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment