Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Power of Prayer

I wanted to share a book with you that has made a huge difference in my prayer life and hope it will offer some encouragement if you don't think prayer works.  I have always been a prayer, even when I was straying from God but this book has been a huge help in my prayer life pertaining to my family. It is called "The Power of a Praying Mom" 3 in  1 collection. It starts out teaching  the wife to pray for her husband. When I first received the book, which was a gift from Jami,  it made me step back and think. This is going to sound bad, but Jami was probably the last person I prayed for daily. He seems like he always has it together, things are good between us , his job is good so why would he need daily prayer? If he had a specific problem come up, sure I would pray but if he didn't then he went on my prayer back burner. I know I sound like a crappy wife, but other prayers for people just came first.  Then I started reading. Some examples of things I learned to pray about are his purpose( that is not just providing a paycheck or changing light bulbs), his health, his priorities, protection, his mind, his attitude, his relationships, fatherhood & his marriage. Sure I have prayed for God to watch over him & bring him home safely if he was out late at night on a call out but pray for his mind, his attitude or his purpose.... Nope never! So I started being very purposeful & praying specifically for Jami& the situations he was faced with this past week. I had 3 very specific prayers for him & those prayers were answered. Let me share one of those. Jami worked yesterday, then came home and started working on people's tithing reports for the end of the year tax records. He normally does the bulletin on Sat. night but never got to it last night. I knew his morning at church would be very hectic trying to do the bulletin, the words for the screen plus he left the house late. So I prayed everything at church  he needed to do would move quickly & efficiently with no problems. We both got to sit down earlier & chat about church & I asked him how the morning went. He had no idea I had prayed for him. He said it was unbelievable smooth this morning. I had to tell him what I had done & that I had 2 other times this past week where my prayers for him were answered almost immediately. I figure there is other wives like me who put friends, others' circumstances before their husbands or who just offers up a general prayer for your husband. Get this book and learn to concentrate your prayers in specific areas of your husbands life. I can't believe how ignorant I have been for 18 yrs.  All these years I have wasted when I could have been praying about his fatherhood. Why would I not want him to be the best father that God intended him to be or for his purpose? Maybe he should have been playing his drums for Christian music years ago.  What about praying for his attitude? I am sure there has been many times he could have used God's help with that! Haha  Relationships!!! I want him to have the best Christian male friends he can have or praying he makes the most out of every family situation he gets to take part in. What about finances? Maybe if I had been praying about that he wouldn't have enough fishing lures to open his own store. I know I am making fun of some things but seriously ladies, the devil is on the prowl, looking for a way to get into your husbands mind & heart. If he can tear him down, put him in a bad situation then the results of that affects you and your children.... Not just your husband. Why would you not want o use the power of prayer for you husband? I'll probably talk about The Power of a Praying Mother next week. I hope this helps somebody!

Big City Wed. night & remember soup lunch Sunday for donations. Trying to raise money for our kids aquarium trip. Have a blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment