Sunday, January 6, 2013

Spirit Filled Church for the New Year

WOW is all I could say! The choir, Randy & Jenny & then Kendra & the choir. There is no words for the blessings those voices took part in today. Thank you Lord for giving them their talents! I know if people read this who do not go to WBBC, they have to think how can she be so excited about her church all the time.... because this church is filled up & busting at the seems with God. You just come in, find a pew, let everything weighing on your mind go & you will feel God swoop in and cover you with His spirit. I sit there some Sundays in awe knowing what God has done & busting on the inside with excitement because I know He has so much more in store for us at WBBC.

I am also excited that the youth have the service next Sunday. I have heard so many wonderful stories about their Winter Extreme trip from adults but I look forward to the kids perspective & hopefully some will testify on how the trip worked in their lives. I know my own boys enjoyed it & when I say boys that includes Jami too. I have joked with some about the drums Jami bought & how I have tried to keep drums away from my home for 17 yrs now. Jami's relatives would say I found your old drum or some sticks & I would hush them or tell them not to tell Jami.  To be honest, my heart has changed & if Jami chooses to set them up in the middle of the living room floor, practice while I am trying to watch General Hospital and he is doing it for God, then I am good with it. Thankfully, he didn't set them up at home! WHEW!! Yes I know Joey likes to joke at mine & Jami's expense but he did tell me about the purchase of the drums Wed. night so no I didn't just find out in preaching this morning! So bring on the guitars, drums, keyboard.....whatever they decide to use & lets rock out with the youth Sunday! I CAN"T WAIT!!

This Wed. night the kids will need to be upstairs in the green room for a smaller version of  "Big City". The youth will be in the gym. No children's church Sunday either. The following Wed. we will be back in the gym w/ the full blown version of "Big City". I have mentioned to some of you about a Spring break trip March 25 & 26 to Chattanooga to sleep at the aquarium. Plans are still in the works but I need to know who plans on going & how many from each family so I can determine if we have enough to reserve our spot. The aquarium limits this sleepover to kids 6 yrs & up. Please let me know by the end of this week who plans on going so I can get this reservation in. I plan on a soup lunch for Jan. 27. Hang on to anything you would want to get rid of for a yard sale in Feb. to benefit the trip. Hope to see all the kiddos Wed. night!

Congratulations to the Ayres family on the newest members of their family! Elizabeth is a beautiful  young girl & Davidson has an adorable face you just want to eat up!!! I can only imagine the love & joy they will all bring into each others lives. Though I have the gift of prophesy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but I have not love, then I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment