Monday, April 9, 2012

What a weekend!

 All I can say is whew!! There was so much going on this past weekend. We started Friday night off with a Good Friday service. It was the 1st for our church and I hope it will become a tradition. It was awesome to spend time with church family on the day Jesus dies for our sins & to celebrate his sacrifice. Saturday was the egg hunt. I really only expected about 15-20 kids, knowing so many had ballgames that day, but I have to quit limiting God.....because He brought tons of kids out to the hunt. I was overwhelmed with excitement. One of my good friends said this year was going to be a learning year for me because in the past I have planned for so many less kids & with the way God is growing our church  ideas & plans need to be revamped & definitely the numbers that are prepared for will need to be increased. This is an awesome problem to have & this growth has been prayed for many years! Talk about growth.....there was no seats left in the sanctuary yesterday! The choir was awesome, the youth skit was perfect, Joey did great, the weather was fabulous & the most important thing was that we celebrated a RISEN SAVIOR. I also had a child saved in my ss class so I don't think the day could have gotten much better! I just feel God's presence so strongly at WBBC and I pray you do too! Have a great week!  Here is a list of some kid activities coming up!

The children will be performing on Mother's Day May 13. Practices will be April 25, 29, May 2 & 6th.

Churchwide event : 1st Priority is hosting a night at the Birmingham Barons Game for May 19. The ticket is $10 and it includes games, pregame event ( music or a speaker), pizza and a souvenir cup w/ drink. If you plan on going let Arlo or me know & we need the money in by April 29th to order the tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment