Monday, August 18, 2014

Good morning! It has been a while since I blogged and over the next few weeks I hope to get back to my weekly updates. I wanted to go ahead and update you a little on the fall plans in the Kidz Zone and some Disney info.

New material for Wednesday night kids & Sunday Children's church has been ordered. I  am anxiously awaiting its arrival. We will begin the new material Wednesday, September 1.  I have had several people want to volunteer with the older children on Bible drills & singing with the younger children. I am excited about theses ideas. I would love to see someone who loves crafts volunteer to do one on a Sunday here and there. Ashley Fortenberry is working on our Christmas music. I hate to even think that far ahead but honestly, it is right around the corner... Or at least practice will be!

Reminder that anyone interested in the Spring Break Disney trip needs to meet right after church Sunday in the fellowship hall. This is not just for the little kids, youth are included too. Plans are to leave out very early Saturday March 28, check in that night to the Art of Imagination Resort, have Sunday, March 29- Thursday April 2 in the parks then check out Friday, April 3.  $200.00 deposit per family will be due by Sept. 21. Many of you have already paid deposits so I will text each person who has with their deposit paid amount. The balance of the trip will be due 37 days before we depart. You will be able to customize your package depending on what your family needs. Some families might need the dining plan, the premier dining plan or no dining plan & we will discuss all of that Sunday. Remember, this is a church trip and we will have a daily devotion & that will be timed out to the slowest part of the day to make it easier for us to gather together. I know we will have a great time vacationing together! We did this 5 yrs ago & I have wonderful memories & the kids really loved hanging out with other kids instead of just riding with mom & dad! If you have Disney questions please ask me this week in case I need to ask the travel agent.

Continue to lift the Patterson's up in prayer. Harli has been sick & I know Tina is still needing prayers over the loss of her mom. The Runyan family needs our prayers too as Sherry's mom is not doing well and they expect her to pass any day.  Wendy is still having a tough time so remember her. Mom's birthday is today so of course we are thinking of her. I am trying to focus on being happy because I know that is what she would want. I am handling today well! Keep Dad, Joey, Debbie, the boys & the rest of our family  in your prayers. I know they might be having tough moments.  Thank you!! I hope y'all have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment