Monday, July 28, 2014

Good morning! I can't believe this is the last full week of summer break before the kids start back to school. Where did the summer go? Time just passes so quickly! This Wednesday night the kids are having a swim party at Wayne & Karon Fortenberry's. We will meet at church at 5:45 & walk over there. They are the home right across from the front doors of the church. Please do not wear any bathing suits that have been in the river. Remember modesty girls. One pieces and tankini's are best but if you need to wear you bikini wear a t shirt or tank top. Yes moms I know we have little kids in our group  & no they aren't teenagers but this starts preparing them for the future. Bring a towel and parents you might like to bring a lawn chair. We will be back at church by 7:15. Starting Sunday we will be back to regular children's church. Wednesday, August 6, the children will meet in the gym for a back to school kick off.  We will have a devotion pertaining to a new school year, snacks and fun. Wednesday, August 13, The kids moving up to youth will go out to eat with me and Teresa Coley will teach. I'll have more details as that date gets closer. Move up day is the first Sunday in September. I am working on a night for the Mom's in the children dept. to get together so you can meet those who teach your children and get to know each other better. I will have a date for that soon. We love your children and desire to build relationships not with just the children but with your family.  We haven't had a family movie night at church in forever so I am looking on into September for that. I know I also had a lock in on the calendar for August but I just can't do it right now. We will have one but it will probably be on into winter like we use to do. I have a few other things to mention for us to pray on and think on. We need a teacher in place for Mrs. Leslie's class, 4 yrs thru 1st grade for the first Sunday in Sept. I know God has the perfect person planned for us. I would also like to start splitting the ages up during children's church on Sundays this fall. 4 yrs thru 5th grade is a wide range to teach and I think the children would benefit from a smaller group. Vicki Redden has agreed to teach music to the 4 & 5 yrs old on some Sundays. I ask you pray about how you might can help with this group.  You might be a crafter and would love to come do a craft once a month with this age group. You night like to work on Bible verse races with the older ones and me go with the younger group. Just pray and think on your talents and then let's talk. We will not be split every Sunday just sometimes for something specific. Save the date of October 25 for trunk or treat. I'll be nailing down Disney rates at the end of August so keep that in mind. Please remember we are still collecting school supplies so as you start buying yours this week please pick up an a few items for those who will be in need. We are also still collecting food for the RMS project.  You can drop these any of these items in the red bucket in the Kidz Zone. Thank you for all that has already been donated!

I wanted to thank all of you newbies (haha) that stepped right in to VBS last week and the lunch yesterday!! Y'all were broke in good! Thank you for the hard work! I have so enjoyed getting to know each of you better and I look forward to working together more.

Tina's Patterson's mom went home to be with her Lord yesterday.  Meg Williams' grandmother also met her Lord and Saviour last night. Please continue to pray for these families. While I know the saddness I also rejoice in the happiness! Pray for our children and youth as they embark on a new school year. They need our prayers!!!! Pray for the faculty and staff  of your child's school as they enter a new school year too. I want Godly teachers and friends in my children's paths and I am certain you do too. We need to cover them in prayers! I hope you have a blessed week! See you Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment