Monday, November 12, 2012

Just a Bunch of Kid Reminders

After a week filled w/ emotional ups & downs...well basically all downs, Moms cancer, my pick not winning the election & Al losing, it is great to be home today & have some quiet time to recharge. The twins are still on the youth camp out @ Arlo's so it is very quiet here.

I wanted to remind everyone that Wed. night is the packing night for our shoeboxes. The washclothes, soap, toothbrushes & toothpaste are already at church. All your child needs to bring is the toys they chose to fill the box with & whatever else they might like to include. We also have the boxes. Remember to include $7.00 for shipping but if that is a problem.... it is ok. Still do your box. I know we all have alot of expenses coming out of the budget right now. Thanksgiving is next week & the meal cost all our arms & legs then we have Christmas coming. I definitely understand! Don't let your child miss out on this great mission opportunity. The kids love helping others.

We have begun practice on our kids Christmas musical. It will be Dec. 16, 6pm. I am still in the process of figuring out what & who is doing this or that. I told the kids I'll be sending home the CD next Sunday for them to memorize the music. Believe me... I know it gets old listening to that music over & over but please have it playing every chance you get. The quicker we learn the music the better. Remember to start looking for your VBS red t shirts. I want us to wear them w/ white or green shirts underneath. If your child does not have one please go ahead & let me know.  Ok, so that is the 16th. Mr. Edwards asked me if the kids would perform Sun night Dec. 9 @ the dinner. Idk any details yet but he wanted the kids to perform 2 songs & they will be regular Christmas songs like Rudolph or Jingle Bells that we will not be singing in our musical. I told him we would but once I got to thinking about that I better ask yall moms because that will be 2 Sunday nights in a row that you are committing to be at church. Let me know what you think. I am fine w/ it but I want to make sure yall are ok too. December 8th will be breakfast w/ Santa & I still need a man to be Santa. Let me know if you know of someone one willing to do that. I know all of this seems far off but it will be here literally in a few weeks. Hold on to your hat, time is gonna fly by! Stay focused on Jesus because He is the reason for the season!! Please keep my momma in your prayers this week. Pray for Kendra's brother Harry. He had a heart attack last night & open heart surgery. I hear he is doing well. Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment