Friday, February 10, 2012

WBBC Kidz 1st blog

    I am excited to be writing the 1st post for WBBC Kidz! This blog has been set up to keep our parents and children informed of all things happening inside our Kidz Department! We always have alot going on at WBBC and I want to make sure everyone has the chance to particiapate in all we do.

    To begin with I want to give thanks to God! He has blessed me and our church with so much! I get so excited and pumped up when he brings new children into our path! I had given much thought to what our theme  Bible verse should be and it was placed in front of me in a church meeting this week from a youth aspiring to carry out God's work. It is from 1 Timothy 4:12 and says" Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." Simply put...age does not matter in God's eyes. The youngest Christian child can have just as much if not more impact when they are working for our Lord! I have seen this with my own eyes at WBBC. Thank God for our children!

    Now to get back to what i came here for...lettting you know what is going on at WBBC. This Sunday is the Valentine's breakfast and it is for parents & their kids. 9 am in the fellowship hall. If your Sunday mornings are anything like mine then you are probably yelling at your children to fix themselves a bowl of cereal or grab a poptart. Seems like the devil gets into my home every Sunday because nothing goes right. I was hoping this Sunday, you could just come in, let someone else worry about feeding your family, sit back & relax with them, then enjoy Sunday school. We all deserve an easy Sunday morning!

    I also wanted to make sure that everyone knew the LOCK IN was coming up March 2, 7 pm - 7 am. This is for all our kids & parents. To be honest I need all the parents! If you are new to WBBC let me give you the gist of what we do. Arrive at 7, get checked in & eat. We will split the kids up my ages and rotate the night away playing games ( just so you understand not old timey board games), a scavinger hunt, a devotion, some free time, snacks & we finish the night out with several movies. We provide a very lite 7 am breakfast. It takes alot of chaperones. I am looking for parents to say I can stay all night, parents who would like to help w/ games, the food and clean up. If you can't stay all night let me know what you can do. This is also a great time for us parents to bond. I have memories from past lock ins that I will never forget. I'll never forget the 1st vomit during the night on the new gym carpet or seeing Joey with shaving cream & cheese puffs stuck to his face. Pray on it and see how God can use you. I would love for our youth to help if any are interested. I rambled enough and am getting about as long winded as Joey ( He is my actual brother not just Christian brother so i can say that)! Hope to see ya at the breakfast!
                                                                                                                Kristi Christopher
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment