Monday, February 20, 2012

Age Doesn't Matter

In my Sunday school class yesterday morning I talked about how age has nothing to do with anything when you are working for God. I explained to my kids how a small child can have just as much, often more, influence on another person when showing them about God. As a parent I definitely know this because when the boys were little the ONLY reason I got up on Sunday mornings & took them to church was because I wanted them to grow up in God's house. Little did I know He was using them to get to me. Week after week it became more about worshiping God than about just getting up & getting my kids to church.  I think yesterday was a great example of young people really working for God. How could the congregation not be moved with little Macie singing her heart out or Katelyn Clark shouting out when she was saved! Oh if us adults had that much courage think of how many people we could reach for God. 1 Timothy 4:12 says "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." As adults are we setting an example in the way we talk & live? When people see us do they see a reflection of Christ? Just something to think on.
Now here are the KIDS HAPPENINGS:

Baby dedication this coming Sunday ( Awesome day when parents say we are dedicating our baby to God and support that child in a Christian home)
Italian lunch following service. Various pastas, sauces, lasagna, salad, dessert & bread. For donations only.

February 29  5th grade boys go to the mall foodcourt. $10.00 & will load van at 5:45 be back at 7

March 2 LOCK IN  Parents don't be shy about participating in this. you will have just as much fun as your child & build memories that you will never forget. For all kids!

March 16 Flag football night in the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment