Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is this coming Sunday so I wanted to start out this post by recognizing the Mother's who regularly serve in the children's dept. Let me start with saying all of these women love The Lord and have a heart to see children learn about Jesus. Mrs. Leslie McGlaughn teaches Sunday school to our 4 yr olds - 1st graders. She is so creative and has tons of patience. Leslie has been ministering to children for years and you can see the love she has for all children. Ashley Fortenberry has been serving the children for about 4 yrs. Ashley has helped with many projects, fund raisers & trips. Her love for music and performing has been a huge asset seeing that I have no musical talents! This past fall she took on being one of the teachers to our Wed. night 4 & 5 yr old class.  Katie Smith & Teresa Coley have been serving the children for 3 yrs. Both Katie & Teresa are part of the Wed. night team who help with our program Big City Studio for the children in elementary school. Katie is  "Vanna " and turns the letters for our game & 
participates in our skits. She has a heart for teaching the children 
about missions and helps to plan out mission projects for the children. Teresa jumped right in to the children's group and has been so valuable.  She is comfortable teaching & leading the group but she is also right in there serving snacks, making popcorn, participating in the weekly skit. I feel like she also helps me stay on track or keeps me focused. If I lose my train of thought she might jump in and say this or that about the lesson. Courtney Jones has been with the children's dept. for a little over a year and a half. She 
is part of the team who teaches the 4 & 5 year old class on Wed.
nights.  She is supper organized and very detailed which is a huge 
help when it comes to planning outings. Paula Hopper has been helping us on Wed. nights too. Paula has only been with us since 
maybe the fall but she jumps right in & does whatever is needed. I have been able to call on her lately to lead Sunday school & children's church. Donna Smith is also part of the team that teaches the 4 & 5 yr. olds on Wed. We Welcomed Donna into our group this past fall. She loved being with the little ones & they loved her. Due to knee problems she has been out but I hope she is able to get back to helping soon. I tried to mention something about each of theses 
ladies but I don't think words can convey what they really mean to 
me. Each one has their own special qualities and characteristics. Each one has families to care for, jobs to go to & volunteer activities. They make ministering to children so easy. I can go in and do what I do ( they know that sometimes I make last minute decisions, can be unorganized, come up with crazy ideas like the food fight, lose my train of thought) and they jump in and fill in the voids. They are willing to lead, share, sing, act, play games but most importantly they all love Jesus and they are willing 
to help share that love with children. I wanted to recognize these terrific women who are making a difference in the lives of our children. I also want to mention that we are blessed at WBBC to 
have terrific moms who can't volunteer every Wed. or Sunday but they volunteer for VBS, special events, decorating, sewing, sending in donations and cooking. You moms are the best and I am so thankful for each of you! 

Since it is Mother's Day week the children will perform a special 
song this Sunday. We will practice tonight & during Sunday school May 11. 

I had said yesterday I would not post until I had some Disney info. It is still to early to give exact prices or plans yet due to pricing & promos are not available for next yr yet. Going off this years pricing a room will run $ 173 a night at Pop Century & we will need 6 nights & tickets are for those ages 3-9 are $330 & $350 for 10 & up.  Those are park hopper tickets w an extra event added like a water park or mini golf. Courtney spoke with her travel agent 
who was able to give a little better room rate but higher ticker prices.  I think once the promos start coming out we can get a better deal with hopefully a meal plan included. I just can't say for sure yet. I do know we will need a minimum either way we go of a $200 deposit so by the end of July we need to get that in. Again, if the plans come out & it doesn't work for your family you will be refunded all you have paid. Once deposits are paid & you cancel the deposit will not be refunded. Dates for the trip are to travel Sat. March 28, check in that night. Stay in the parks Sunday - Thursday & check out Friday. Remember that is Easter weekend so we would be traveling home on Good Friday. I also want to encourage you to 
plan a fundraiser. Last time the cost was soooo reduced because we raised enough money to let the children go free. Remember this is a church trip. There will be daily group devotions. We do not have to do every event or park together but I think what made the last trip so great was because the kids wanted to hang together. I will never forget being in the Animal Kingdom, us getting word that they didn't think Mrs. Carr was going to live, stopping right where we were & as a group praying for her. Didn't matter where we were, who was around, we were a church group first & prayers were 
going up! If you are interested in going & haven't paid your deposit let me know.

I thank God for a Godly mother and mother in law. I am thankful for the Godly mother's in our church. I pray you have a blessed week and get to  spend some time with your mother or having wonderful  memories about her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment